Nobody enjoys drinking warm bitter water in the morning but I am one person who does it every day. This drink is my morning cup of green tea. I don’t drink for the taste but for its health benefits. Someone told me that if you drink green tea with few drops of lime, it will help you reduce weight and the next I did is started drinking it every day. But, this is not the only benefit you get from green tea. There are actually much more than you have imagined.
So, here’s the list of the amazing benefits of green tea which you may not be aware of. But, make sure you do proper research before taking green tea as every person has different body and the benefit of green tea may vary from person to person.
- Weight Loss: Green tea increases the metabolism of body. It contains polyphenol which intensify levels of fat oxidation and this increases the rate at which your body converts food into calories.
- Diabetes: Consumption of green tea is very beneficial to those who are suffering from diabetes. Green tea helps regulate glucose levels and slow down the rise of blood sugar after eating. It also prevents high insulin spikes which can be harmful to body.
- Heart Disease: Researchers think that green tea works on the lining of blood vessels and helps them stay undisturbed so that they are able to bear changes in blood pressure. Green tea also prevents the formation of clots which are the main reason for heart attack.
- Esophageal Cancer: Scientist found that green tea kills cancer cell in body without damaging the healthy tissue around them. It is found that green tea reduces the risk of esophageal cancer.
- Cholesterol: Green tea cuts down bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to increase the immunity of body.
- Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s: Studies shows that green tea protects brain cells from dying and restores the damaged cell in brain. This is the reason why patients with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s are told to drink green tea.
- Tooth Decay: If you are suffering from throat infection, dental caries or tooth decay, then green tea might be the remedy for you. Green tea has the chemical antioxidant “catechin” which destroy bacteria and viruses that causes dental problems.
- Blood Pressure: Regular intake of green tea is said to reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
- Depression: Theanine is an amino acid and is found in tea leaves. This substance provides a relaxing effect to the patients who are suffering from depression.
- Skincare: Green tea has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory substance which reduce wrinkles and signs of aging. If applied on skin, it can also reduce the effect of sun damage.
You can get many benefits with just one cup of tea a day. But at the end of day it’s you who know what is best for your body.