Majority of the women around the world suffers from the problem of Anemia. It occurs when a person’s RBC (Red Blood Cell) count is too low and hemoglobin level in the blood goes below normal. Hemoglobin comprises of haeme (iron) and globin (protein), the main elements that is required for supplying oxygen and nutrients to every part of the body.
Anemia symptoms include tingling sensation on the hands and legs, memory loss, fatigue, weakness and depression. A simple blood test can show you whether you’re anemic or not. The main reason behind the cause of anemia is deficiency of deficiency of iron, vitamin B12 or folic acid; worm infestation in the intestines and stomach or excessive blood loss.
A healthy diet is very necessary for anemic person. There are foods that can help you get rid of anemia problem within few months and restore energy in your body.
Super foods to fight Anemia:
- Soybeans: When it comes to choosing beans for iron content, soybeans tops the list. It’s rich in high-protein, reduces cholesterol and helps diminish anemia. The best to get the benefit of soybeans is to soak them over night in warm water and cook with less oil and more vegetables.
- Oatmeal: Although oats are rich in iron, but it contains phytic acid that inhibits iron absorption. So, try consuming oatmeal fortified with iron as it also contains B-12 and other B vitamins which will help in curing anemia.
- Spinach: Unlike other green leafy vegetables, spinach is a great source of iron as well as vitamin C. Spinach contains fiber, vitamins A, B9, C and E, calcium and beta-carotene that is necessary for a healthy body.
- Tomatoes: This vegetable contains high amount of vitamin c which helps the body to absorb iron. Drinking one glass of tomato juice or eating raw tomato in salad once a day will help body to absorb iron faster. Also, tomatoes are rich in vitamin E which can improve the texture of your hair and skin.
- Beetroot: Whether cooked or taken in the form of salad, beetroot is the best food to combat anemia. Beetroot has cleansing powers along with goodness of iron to help body restore and reactivate the red blood cells. To get rid of anemia fast, best start eating beetroot.
- Peanut Butter: Do you know that this tasty delight is a great source of iron. Make a whole grain peanut butter sandwich with a glass of orange juice to get your daily dose of iron in tastier way. Vitamin C in orange juice will help the body in absorbing iron contain.
- Whole Grains: Whole grain products are good source of non-heme iron, which helps the body to fight iron deficiency. Whole grain bread is great choice of food if you have iron deficiency. Because whole grain bread is made after fermenting the grains, the phytic acid automatically gets reduced and your body can easily absorb iron contents.
A healthy diet plan is very important if you want to combat against anemia. You should include foods that contain vitamin B12, iron and folic acid in your daily diet. If, you still persist the problem of anemia, consult the doctor for diet supplements.
Get Our Picks Directly Dropped In Your Inbox!
We send out a lovely email newsletter with the most popular stories. Be a part of it.